This post will be the first in a series of “saw that, made this.”
I saw that at Anthropologie.
Made this in an hour. You should have seen it before, black with gold pom-pom trim. Tis much better!
1. cut fabric into 1–1.5″ strips
2. serge edges
3. baste stitch down the center
4. make ruffle: pull the bobbin string, scrunch, pull, scrunch, pull…
5. glue (or hot glue) a straight line from top to bottom of your shade
6. carefully tack the center of a ruffle strip down, finger press
7. fold the top and bottom under and tack down with more glue
8. continue all the way around until done